Judging information books

This term we have been judging the CBCA information short list books non fiction and fiction. We had to judge the books on their layout based on their visual appearance, layout and information. What I think makes a good information book is something that could have a reasonable amount of text inside it. A good information book could also have an easy to read layout. A good information book is also based on it visuals so if it has great pictures that match well with the text this is important . I chose the book Make Believe by M.C. Escher, here is a picture of my rating of the book. As you can see, my notes list my thoughts on the visuals, layout and information. Make Believe  has won by a lot of votes between year 4, 5 and 6. I have chosen visuals ten out of ten because inside the book it has all of his famous drawings and has tips how to draw them. I gave the layout a ten out of ten  because I like how it has the text on the side and  the picture pin the middle. This makes it very easy to see. I also give  the visuals 10 out of 10 because there are lots of different pictures of the author’s  drawings that are  really interesting to look at. That’s why make I made make believe a  30 out of 30!